July 22, 2012

three things, details

Details, details.. I find myself really fine tuning the details in our home. My style is ever evolving and I find myself becoming more and more comfortable and sure of my style. What a great feeling that is! I spent today shopping within the house and making slight alterations to the rooms to use the pieces I love. Editing and styling.. it's amazing what you can find in your own space!

Here are some gorgeous examples of things I'm focusing on ( and these gorgeous spaces are just examples.... not mine :) )

lighting. What a difference great lighting can make!
millwork. We did ours a few years ago now, and I think it's one of the best decisions we've ever made!



Styling.. simple but effective styling.

We can't expect our homes to be perfect all the time, but by styling a few areas that sit undisturbed you can still have gorgeous and kid friendly :)


Last year I painted the inside of our exterior doors black. It was a well seen trend and since my exterior doors were already black it seemed a great decision. I loved it. No question... but now I'm going in the opposite direction and lightening everything. I painted them a barely there grey yesterday and oh my gosh the whole house opened up because of it. Crazy how something so simple made such a difference to me!


Are there any details you're focusing on in your space? If you need a hand with anything just shout..with services from $10 design questions to full room design boards I'd love to help if I can, x

images 1//2//3

design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

1 comment:

Annie H. said...

That first picture is so beautiful. I am detail oriented too and with our nonstop renovation the details are often front and center. But to me, they make the room.