September 16, 2013

new house files | the home tour starts now!

About time or what?! ;) 

Here's what the full kitchen looks like on a regular day..


I chose white Kitchen Aid appliances, I wanted the whole space cream, ivory and white :)


This little photo is getting a lot of attention! My little countertop bar is made out of a display box from RH for geodes.. I took it apart and voila ;)



for added interest I switched between knobs and pulls in the kitchen-




I do love having one large deep stainless sink!


I designed the island to house the microwave-


and RH bar stools sit at the counter height bar for casual seating 


and this is where we eat :)



kitchen pendants and dining room fixture are all Hudson Valley Lighting ..

stay tuned for the house tour to continue! xx


design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog for details on getting the room you love through e design!

10 comments:

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

WOW, seriously your kitchen is stunning. I love all of the white! Your eating space is perfect too. I really am looking forward to seeing the rest of your place now...

caycee said...

My most favorite house ever!!!! Can not wait for the rest of the tour!!!

caycee said...

My most favorite house ever!!!! Can not wait for the rest of the tour!!!

Unknown said...

your kitchen is my inspiration for the kitchen in our new townhouse. LOVE your backsplash!! It's price-y to have the herringbone pattern done by the builder, but I'm considering biting the bullet and paying for it. It is such an incredibly stylish but subtle detail. Yours is absolutely gorgeous!

Questions: is there anything you would have done differently?

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much Tara! xo's :)

Unknown said...

Caycee you are too sweet! Thank you!! xoxo

Unknown said...

So sweet Jamie, thank you!!

Unknown said...

Hi NK.. that totally makes my day, thank you!! I don't think there is anything I would do differently now..I'm still in love, talk to me in a year ;) tee hee.. I want to see pictures of your finished home!! xo's

preeti said...

This is truly amazing. Your kitchen just took away the show.
I am also thinking to redesign my kitchen the same as yours in my RTM home .
Tr\hanks for uploading the pics.

Unknown said...

Beautiful kitchen redesign. I just finished my new kitchen and I have the first coat of new paint on my walls. I was going for a light grey, but after the first coat it looks more blue than grey. What colour did you use on your walls? I love it. Thanks, Shannon