September 23, 2013

new house files | master bedroom + ensuite

How was your weekend?! I hope it was awesome.. we had some amazing time with our friends in Red Deer + here in Calgary so I'm feeling pretty lucky today :) 

Continuing on this little home tour, here's a few snaps of the ensuite + master bedroom.. same thing goes up here.. I like spaces simply decorated not over styled, keeping things simple makes cleaning and daily tidying super simple!

The bathroom floors came out quite dark in the photo, they're actually a nice soft greigy tone :)

You're probably thinking I'm nutty having a lamp in the bathroom, but now that fall is here and the house is still really dark in the morning, as I stumble out of bed and straight into the shower I can't stand putting the bright glaring lights on.. sooo.. I added a lamp.. :)




I find our bedroom so restful with a really easy + casual vibe.. it's a space I look forward to going at the end of the day! 




Stay tuned this week.. I have a $100 giveaway with ONE KINGS LANE coming!! 



design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog for details on getting the room you love through e design!

6 comments:

Ronda said...

Sarah,
Thanks for posting your lovely home. I put a lamp in our bathroom too...hubs thought it was nuts...solidifies he knows nothing;)
Ronda

Unknown said...

Ha ha Rhonda, love it! :)

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Gorgeous! I am dying over those bathroom floors!

Unknown said...

Love it all-cant wait to see more!

srldesign said...

I'm in love with the lamp in the bathroom. Well, actually your entire space...it's beautiful :)

Blog said...

WOW! I absolutely love your new home. Just catching up and can't get over how beautiful your living room is! Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to come back and see what you'll post next!

Brittany
WWW.LOVEOFGOLD.COM